1. How can I get a library card?
A Lillie Russell Memorial Library card may be obtained in person at the library. To get a card, you must fill out an application and present current photo identification.
2. I had a library card several years ago. Is it still valid?
Most Lillie Russell Memorial Library cards expire after two years. To renew an expired card, you must fill out a renewal application and present in person current photo identification. Once your card is reissued it may be used to borrow materials.
3. Can I register online?
You may download the application online, but you must register in person.
4. Can I manage my account online?
Yes, you can search for books in our collections, see whether a book is available, renew checked out items, reserve books, see your outstanding fines, and manage other aspects of your account.
5. If I do not reside in Smith County, can I get a library card?
6. My teen needs a card. Do I need to be present?
If your teen is under 16 years of age you must be present at the Library when the application is submitted.
7. How many items may I borrow?
Lillie Russell Memorial Library cardholders may borrow a total of 12 items.
8. How long may I keep an item?
The checkout period for all books and audiobooks is two weeks. The checkout period for DVDs is three days.
9. If I forget to bring my library card, may I still check items out?
No, you must have your card with you to check out items.
10. Can I check out eBooks over the internet?
Yes, using access to Overdrive. To access OverDrive using your Lillie Russell Memorial Library account, you must have a PIN number. Get your PIN from the front desk at the Library. For more information on Overdrive, click here.
11. Does the Library accept cash donations?
Absolutely. Please click here for more information.
12. Does the Library accept book donations?
Yes, but the books must be in good conditions. We don’t accept textbooks or encyclopedias.